- Calories: 294 per 100g lamb.
- Protein: 25g per 100g lamb.
- Fats: 21g per 100g lamb.
- Carbohydrates: 0g per 100g lamb.
- 4.5lb (2.25 kg) leg of lamb on the bone
- Salt and pepper
- 2 tbsp melted butter
- 1 whole bulb of garlic unpeeled, cut in half horizontally
- 1 onion, cut into quarters (unpeeled is fine)
- 2 rosemary sprigs (double this if you like a stronger flavour)
- 3 cups (750 ml) beef bone broth
- 2 cups (500 ml) water
- Preheat oven to 170°C/335°F
- Place garlic, onion and rosemary in a metal roasting pan.
- Place your leg of lamb into the roasting pan.
- Sprinkle generously with salt and pepper and rub it in.
- Turn lamb over and place on top of the garlic and onion.
- Drizzle the lamb with melted butter and sprinkle with more salt and pepper.
- Pour bone broth and water around the lamb.
- Cover with foil so that steam can escape
- Place in the oven and slow roast for 4.5 hours.
- Remove from the oven, remove the foil.
- Turn the lamb over and check it with a fork to ensure the meat is tender.
- If meat is not yet tender, put the foil back on and return to the oven.
- If meat is tender, return it to the oven anyway but uncovered, so it can brown.
- After 45 minutes, remove the lamb, and generously spoon over the juices from the pan. Leave the vegetables in the roasting dish.
- Serve and enjoy the lamb now, or later.
Looking for More Carnivore Recipes
Check out our comprehensive library of carnivore diet recipes for tasty animal based dishes. If you have your own recipe, consider adding it.