- Calories: Approximately 150-200 kcal
- Protein: 8-12 grams
- Fat: 8-10 grams
- Carbohydrates: 10-15 grams
- 950ml of raw milk
- 60ml of yoghurt mother culture
- Pour 950ml of raw milk into a glass container large enough to hold at least 5 cups.
- Add ¼ cup of yogurt mother culture to the bowl and whisk together until well mixed.
- Secure a tea towel or cheesecloth over the top of the container with a rubber band and set it on the counter (out of direct sunlight) for 12-18 hours to culture.
- Check culture completion by gently tilting the container and looking for setting signs. You should be able to gently tilt the container of an adequately set yogurt and see the yogurt separate from the side with a clean break. If you tilt the container and see milky liquid separating from the yogurt, return to the counter and check again later.
- Once signs of a correctly set yogurt begin to show, refrigerate for 6 hours and enjoy!