- Calories: 337 per 100g duck
- Protein: 19g per 100g duck
- Fat: 28g per 100g duck
- Carbs: 0g per 100g duck
- One whole duck, including the giblets
- Roasting tin and rack
One whole duck is likely to serve four people, subject to size of the bird.
- Pre-heat your oven to 428°F/ 220°C, Fan 200°C, Gas Mark 7
- Remove any packaging from around your duck
- Take the bag of giblets out of the body cavity (but keep them, as they’re useful for making delicious stock)
- Weigh the duck without the giblets.
- It’s important to do this – don’t just use the weight on the packaging, as this includes the giblets
- Place on a rack in the roasting tin, prick the skin all over an rub a teaspoon of salt into the skin
- Roast in the middle of the oven for 20 minutes per 500g, plus 20 minutes extra until the juices run clear
- Rest the duck for 10-20 minutes
- All ovens vary in performance, this is a guide only.
Looking for More Carnivore Recipes
Check out our comprehensive library of carnivore diet recipes for tasty animal based dishes. If you have your own recipe, consider adding it.