- Calories: 239 per 100g chicken
- Protein: 27g per 100g chicken
- Fats: 14g per 100g chicken
- Carbohydrates: 0g per 100g chicken
- 1 roasting chicken around 5lb - 6lb (2.2-2.7kg)
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1 lemon, cut in half
- 1 bulb of garlic, cut in half crosswise
- 30g butter, melted
Having a perfect roast chicken is ideal as a snack or to add to other meals for a protein boost. An incredibly versatile poultry option, this is just about as flexible as it gets.
- Preheat the oven to 410°F/ 210°C
- Prepare the chicken by removing the giblets. Rinsing the chicken inside and out. Remove any leftover pin feathers and pat the outside dry.
- Liberally salt and pepper the inside of the chicken.
- Stuff the cavity with both halves of lemon, and all the garlic.
- Brush the outside of the chicken with the butter and sprinkle again with salt and pepper.
- Tie the legs together with kitchen string and tuck the wing tips under the body of the chicken.
- Put the chicken in your roasting pan.
- Roast the chicken for 1 1/2 hours, or until the juices run clear when you cut between a leg and thigh.
- Remove the chicken from the roasting dish and cover with aluminium foil for about 20 minutes.
- Slice the chicken and serve.
Looking for More Carnivore Recipes
Check out our comprehensive library of carnivore diet recipes for tasty animal based dishes. If you have your own recipe, consider adding it.