- Calories: 430 per serving
- Protein: 53g
- Fats: 22.6g
- Carbs: 0.6g
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, softened at room temperature
- 1⁄2 teaspoon finely grated lemon zest
- 1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- 1⁄4 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1⁄8 teaspoon garlic powder
- extra virgin olive oil, for brushing
- 2 (8 oz) tuna steaks, about 1 inch thick
This recipe is designed for two people, and can be on the table in just 18 minutes.
- In a small bowl, mash together the butter, lemon zest, lemon juice, the 1/4 teaspoon pepper, and the garlic powder. Set aside or chill if not using immediately.
- Prepare the grill for medium-high direct heat and lightly oil the grate (or preheat a broiler).
- Brush oil on both sides of tuna steaks.
- Season the tuna on both sides with salt and additional pepper.
- Grill or broil for 3 to 4 minutes per side for medium rare, turning once.
- Transfer tuna steaks to a serving platter; top with the garlic butter mixture.
- Serve and enjoy.
Looking for More Carnivore Recipes
Check out our comprehensive library of carnivore diet recipes for tasty animal based dishes. If you have your own recipe, consider adding it.